Monday, March 21, 2011

First 2 official days of Spring

my white colored "redbud" came into bloom today
Spring officially arrived yesterday, and here in Georgia, it means it is already halfway through. The weather has been lovely in the last few days, mostly sunny and not too hot. It has been nice to not rely on artificial means for cooling and heating the house. I am enjoying the fresh air while I can, soon the pine trees will "bloom" and everything will be dusted yellow.
Japanese flowering cherry on the edge of our neighbor's yard
Purple plum, occasionally, we get plums if the weather is just right
 

Dogwood buds are beginning to swell
Looking forward to Thalia daffodils
Artemisia "oriental limelight", a very showy and vigorous perennial
"Leather & Lace" loropetalum, finally blooming again after being moved 2 years ago
Chinese Snowball viburnum I got as a birthday gift last year is budding nicely
After a crazy 2 weeks of nonstop gigs and what not, today was a day without appointments for a change. My plan was to get caught up on laundry and also some much needed gardening. I was happy the nice weather has held up but I am hoping we get some rain soon, the garden will need it. For breakfast today, quick and easy was my motivation since I wanted to maximize my outdoor time.
silicone poach pods for eggs, not as pretty as a regular poach egg but a lot easier
My favorite bacon!
A balanced meal when you add soem steamed farm spinach
 

 
Leucojum transplanted from a friends yard last year blooming nicely

Almost sunset on the 2nd day of Spring
For dinner, another quick and easy meal:

Tilapia baked in curry with brown rice and pistachios

No comments:

Post a Comment