Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strawberries!!!

Local Crager-Hager farm strawberries are in season and what delicious fun it has been. I am looking forward to visiting the strawberry field in person soon so there will be even more deliciousness to come. My favorite way to consume the berries is just plain, lightly chilled but when they are bountiful, I breakout into pastry creativity & jam making.
Strawberry puree filled butter cupcakes frosted with whipped cream tinted pink with strawberry puree garnished with fresh berries
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Meyer Lemon-Ginger preserve and fresh cream strawberry tart
 
 
 
 
 
Homemade strawberry jam, like rubies, but edible and delicious
 
 
seeds and rinds included for natural pectin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are stunning! I never knew strawberries could look so good! Also, they are making my mouth water--as a cook, I'm dreadful. I so admire those who who are talented in the kitchen.

    Terry James

    ReplyDelete