Sunday, April 17, 2011

A lovely Sunday Afternoon Tea

Today,  I had Lily of the Valley from the garden on the porch to greet guest arriving for Afternoon Tea. We were celebrating Bev's birthday on this beautiful day.
I decided homemade pear preserves would be nice and decided to try making pistachio scones to compliment the pear preserves. I adapted the basic Savoy scone recipe and added chopped pistachios instead of raisins.
 
 
 
 
While the scones baked I set up all the dishes for tea.
 
I also already made madeleines and macarons so to "round off" the menu, I decided deviled eggs would be great. I arranged the day before for Jean to boil and peel the eggs for me so "deviling" the eggs would be a breeze. 
For a twist, I decided to try a curried version for the egg yolk filling. I added curry powder and Trader Joes curry sauce to the mixture.
 
Collard flowers for garnish
 
Tea is off course not complete without sandwiches. I went with old fashioned pimento cheese sandwiches, but with a twist because I had misplaced the jar of pimentos.
 
 
 
Tea is served!
 
 
 
 
Assam & Earl Grey blend
 
We lingered for the whole afternoon and by the time tea was over, it was almost sunset. I decided to leave the dishes in the serving tray to be washed later and headed with out to the garden.
Lily of the Valley at sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment