Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sunny Saturday

Smoke Bush buds looking promising
My goal for Saturday was to get a few more gardening task done, especially seed planting and weeding. Unfortunately, I did not get much sleep the night before thanks to the storm warning sirens that cried wolf! I did get up and out to the garden by 10am and pulled a few weeds but realized I needed more potting soil for seed starting. I was "tuckered" after an afternoon of visiting garden centers around Carrollton in windy weather so I decided to take a nap instead. By the time I got up, there were only 2 hours of daylight left. I re-potted some hydrangeas and conifers but the seeds would have to wait till some other time.
Hobbit's Foot Sage getting ready to bloom, I have been very happy with these $3 plants from Lowe's. They have grown into foot wide plants from 3 inch plants planted last fall.
The front yard got it's 1st mowing by Raleigh this week
I spent the evening catching up on laundry and baking a few goodies for the Birthday Tea Party I was doing on Sunday. I went with my usual suspects: Macaron's and Madeleines. This time a chocolate inspired round, dark chocolate ganache filled macarons and white chocolate madeleines
I am loving my new scale that does grams and ounces
 
My stash of San
Francisco Cocoa
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was pleased with my first attempt at White chocolate Madeleines. another winner from my Essential Baking book by Carol Bloome.
 
 
 
All in all a productive Saturday, got 4 loads of laundry done, 2 pastries baked and some napkins ironed. I was now ready for a good night's sleep before Church and Tea Party on Sunday. I also felt thankful for all the perennials that were coming back after a snowy winter.
Sensitive Fern making a comeback
The "New Look" for the front porch


No comments:

Post a Comment