Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lily of the Valley day!

 The weather forecast for the day was sunny, breezy and cool. I decided it would be a good day to get some gardening done but It has been a while since I had a chance for a leisurely brunch at home so I decided it was time for a Lily of the Valley themed brunch before any gardening was going to happen.
some recycled glass vessels I got as a gift last Christmas
The perfect vases for Lily of the Valley
For brunch, I went with my favorite soft boiled farm eggs, Assam tea and toast with homemade Meyer Lemon Ginger marmalade.
I re-purposed this old tea bag caddy to hold loose leaf Assam
 






After brunch, I did my weekly routine of orchid & houseplant maintenance before headed out to the garden. It was a productive day, I pulled a few weeds and planted a few more annuals. I also came up with a solution for hanging plants on the front porch.
 
I decided to use galvanized buckets in keeping with the new look of the house
heavy duty cables for hanging
I planted the buckets with a mixture of trailing petunias, calibrachoa and also double trailing petunias

Buckets should "disappear" soon as petunias begin to trail over the sides
Dogwoods look fresh against the new color of the house

I think Socrates will to stay in after last nights storm adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment