Sunday, April 10, 2011

Flowery Spring Weekend

A warm weekend, lots of sunshine and not much rain. I had to water the flower beds for the first time this year. The mid spring blooming flowers have really made leaps and bounds with the warmer weather. My birth month and also favorite flowers, Lilies of the Valley(Convolaria Majalis) is in it's prime. Of course it is still April but here in Georgia everything blooms a little earlier.
It's a beautiful morning in the Lily of the Valley patch
The Dutch Irises are blooming nicely despite loosing some foliage to the rabbits
Irises, blueberry blossoms and peony buds!
  
Some of the white Irises turn blue occasionally
This weekend was devoted to catching up on laundry and also gardening. I did not do much cooking but did make a Lemon Tart for our "group effort" Sunday dinner. It was a good choice of dessert to make since I had  all the ingredients on hand.


 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
I also got some housecleaning done and moved some plants out to the nursery area. It feels good to "refresh" the house with new arrangements of houseplants for Spring. The summer annuals also got an early planting. I am hoping this mild weather will stay for a while. I am glad freezing weather is over but not looking forward to summer heat and humidity.
looking puny but they should grow into lush plantings soon

 
Hobbits Foot Sage has doubled in size this week
Golden Sprite Smokebush will bloom for the first time this year, very exciting!
Old fashioned Petunias
All around our neighborhood, the azaleas are blooming nicely. I tend to favor white and green flowers for their peacefulness but the pink Azaleas by the lake near our house just grab my attention this time of the year.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It is very informative and quality content, I ever read in my life. Thanks for sharing this content.
    Cat Accessories NZ

    ReplyDelete