Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stormy Night, Sunny Morning

This Monday night was eerily similar to last Monday. The storm & tornado warning sirens started to blare their warning at around 10:30pm, the wind picked up and rumbling of thunder could be heard. This was going to be another interesting evening. I was glad we were getting some rain for the garden but not looking forward to the gusty winds and possible tornado. As the storm rolled in, I went to check on the cats and discovered to my surprise that the back door was open. The wind was so strong, it blew the door open and the cats decided to go for an evening stroll. I called out for them as the rain began to get heavier. Filbert returned immediately but Socrates was nowhere to be found. The storm continued to get more intense and we continued to get more worried about Socrates. Raleigh kept calling out to Socrates and he finally came in after 20 minutes of heavy rain.
This is what a cat looks like after walking about in a storm
Drying off after a "shower"
Crisis averted, I decided we needed to have some hot chocolate to calm us down during this crazy storm.
I start with some dark chocolate.
whisk that together with some hot milk and sugar
cups of comfort
After a night of howling wind and rain tapping on the windows, I was happy to be greeted with a sunny morning. I surveyed the garden first thing in the morning and looked like the plants survived nicely.
 
 
Lily of the Valley looking fresh after a stormy night

No comments:

Post a Comment