Sunday, February 27, 2011

Super Soup Sunday


Today was a fun day since I got to participate in Empty Bowls fundraiser for the local soup kitchen. My small contribution of soup this year: Miso Soup!. It was a good choice since vegetarian soups are always popular at Empty Bowls. Since I got a head start earlier this week on my preparations, this morning was a snap.

I was lucky to find some extra nice Shitakes from Oriental Marketplace in Newnan
Shitakes. Tofu and Wakame(seaweed)

Miso before water was added and whisk to "loosen" it and then added to pot
mmm I could eat this all day..
I also added fresh chopped scallions at the end and I was out the door. We dropped off the soup at the AG center and it was off to accompany at church before heading back to the AG center to pick out a few bowls and enjoy the delicious soups. I wish I had brought my camera and got pictures of all the wonderful art and delicious soups at Empty Bowls.. maybe next year..

I came home with a lovely set of plates and 3 cute little blue bowls, all handmade by local artist. It was also wonderful meeting up with friends and seeing the whole community come together for a good cause.
each one has it's own personality
These will be perfect for a salad or some sushi
Happy Blue Bowls!
After Empty Bowls, I enjoyed some time in the garden before heading out to an afternoon of wonderful music accompanying for Black Tie Affair rehearsal. So much talent at UWG!

I even got my sugar snap peas planted. I was planning on planting them yesterday but the seed packet instructed that the seeds needed to be soaked for 24 hours beforehand.
I fashioned some supports for the peas from corkscrew willow from the garden.
"Tete a Tete" miniature daffodils. These were the first daffodils I planted on the property
After rehearsal, I got invited to a shrimp dinner at the Connors(YAY!!). I must have been tired since I dozed off shortly after getting home from dinner. I was happy the day went well and was thankful for everything as I enjoyed my obligatory cup of "evening" tea after my "nap" and quick shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment