Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blue Sky & Pink Blossoms

Flowering Cherries in front of Sunnyside cafe
We took the truck to get new tires on Rome street and ate lunch and walked around for a bit. Another beautiful day, clear blue sky and trees coming into bloom. We also visited the Neva Lomason library and picked up some old magazines for 25cents.

Japanese Magnolia in bud, will surely be glorious in a day or two
 
Rome street has such a variety of architecture including Craftsmen style bungalows, Queen Anne Victorian and everything in between. Going to do a photo essay of all the interesting houses one of these days....

Love this color!
For lunch on the square, we went to our old standby, The Corner Cafe, I totally enjoyed my Deluxe Pot Roast sandwich (pot roast, avocados, sprouts, cheese, sprouts, olives and some other things, all stuffed into homemade focaccia) and spinach and artichoke dip with bagel chips.
Today, I noticed all the "anti bird" spikes adorning the upstairs facade of Corner Cafe. I guess not getting pooped on going and coming to lunch is a good thing.
Interesting ruffled lamps at Gallery Row coffeehouse on the square
After lunch I was ready for a nice nap but the weather was too nice so I decided I would spend some time in the garden. To help me along with that, some strong coffee.
I was happy to get all the ornamental grasses cut back in my short window outdoors. Next up was a design consultation with a client before I had to head out to accompany for Theater students followed by Black Tie Affair concert. I waited around for the no show client......
Patient cat
 The Quince branches I harvested before the big storm on Monday are opening up nicely
Dallas Fern re-potted into blue pot
 

I must say I rather enjoyed my "moment of zen" while waiting around before heading off to UWG campus. In between gigs, I noticed a nice stand of Cherry Blossoms and also some art by local artist Helen Helwig and Machiko Ichihara.
 
 

 
 

All in all, a lovely Spring Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment