Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday Tree Frog & Midnight Macaron


Today was one of those days where you wish there were no appointments so that you could take in the lovely weather. I was able to steal a few moments here and there in the garden before back to back rehearsals from 3:30 till 9pm! The whole time I was thinking,: "It's too nice outside to be indoors" and "I'm hungry!"

First sighting of our resident tree frogs, Sometimes I wish I were a tree frog in the garden
Bradford Pear and blue sky!
The Pittosprorum hedge has made it through another winter, nicely complemented by the "borrowed" landscape of out neighbor's Leland Cypress and Bradford Pear


Mugo pine in the trough & succulents in glazed pot. Looking good against new house color

After the long day, I unwound with a macaron baking session. I wanted to make citrus macarons so I experimented with adding grated orange zest to the macaron shells. They turned out rather well with a strong orange presence.




macarons filled with "marmalade cream"

No comments:

Post a Comment