Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Turkey Eggs(speckled), Goose Eggs(white), part of my egg shell collection.
I enjoyed hosting the Easter meal at home this year. My intention was to make it relaxing and not too complicated, aside from the desserts which I really enjoyed making the day before. For the festive touch, I got Lindt chocolates and got creative.
Little "nest" made with baking cups and green paper shreds
White chocolate eggs and speckled jellybeans
 
 
I baked my macaron shells ahead of time so on Easter morning, I just had to fill them.
I made a "mousse" with mascarpone, whipping cream and powdered sugar
 
 
 
 
For the table setting, I used Raleigh's grandmother's china. It has Apple Blossoms on it so it feels "Springy". I left my orchid planter on the table as the centerpiece and did not bother making any special flower arrangement.
 
 
 

My simple menu for the meal: Manchego with crackers for appetizer & Jean also made some yummy deviled eggs with smoked salmon. Honeybaked ham with roasted asparagus, scalloped potatoes and carrots by Renee for the main course accompanied with some homemade cheddar scones.
I brewed some iced green tea and was also considering some Marco Polo tea instead of coffee with dessert.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Thinly sliced red skinned potatoes layered with grated cheese and simple bechamel sauce
 
 
toss asparagus tips in olive oils to coat, sprinkle with maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper, roast for 15 minutes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
To drink with dessert, we had a French press of Ethiopian Nekemete coffee and a pot of Mariage Freres Marco Polo tea.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was very pleased with how both desserts turned out. Can't wait to bake another black forest cake, I will need to stock up on more Trader Joes dark morello cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment