Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stormy Weather Week

Clematis Henryii continues to produce saucer size flowers
Weather has been crazy last couple of days!, lots of wind, lighting, thunder and a little rain. I am happy the garden is getting some much needed rain but could do without all the city sirens and meteorological theatrics beforehand. We did have sunny weather here and there for me to get some gardening done and take a few pictures.
Fully opened single Peonies
English Dogwood
The two interesting plant happenings in the garden this week are the Hobbit's Foot Sage and Climbing Hydrangeas.
First time I've had Hobbit's Foot Sage bloom
 
 
 
The climbing Hydrangeas are the showiest they have ever been since I planted them several years ago.
 
 
 
As the weather warms up, I am getting lots of new growth in the aquatic plant department. The White Water Lily is always first to bloom.
During one of the storms, I did attempt another batch of macarons that just did not do well. I decided to hold off on the macaron baking till all the storms have passed.
 
 
looking promising
50% success rate
bad macaron, good macaron
Humid weather may not be good for macarons but the plants sure are loving it.
Petunia Buckets
 
"Sensitive Fern", I love volunteer plants!
 
"Martine Guilot" Rose. One of my favorite roses, repeat bloomer and no pesticides required
 
Weeds are pretty too
Blueberry!


No comments:

Post a Comment