Friday, April 29, 2011

"Make MORE macarons while the sun shines"

I had another successful day of macaron shell baking today thanks to more lovely weather. My macaron "display" for the wedding is shaping up.
organized and ready for fillings
Meanwhile in the garden, more Peonies have begun to unfurl their swelling round buds. I enjoyed their fragrance while doing some weeding in the flower beds.
 
 
 
 
Species Geranium or Cranesbill in white
Euphorbia!
 
For today's macarons, I experimented with equal weights of almond meal and powdered sugar to great success. The macaron shells baked up nicely and I got a less sweet and more pronounced almond flavor in the shells.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, in other gardening news: The tub garden on the front continues to fill in nicely, the window box is doing well and I am trying my best to keep the cats from munching on my Sellaginella(club moss) plants
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment