Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Make macaron while the sun shines"

Finally some cool, sunny and breezy weather appropriate for Spring. Today was another day to get some macaron shells made for the upcoming wedding. It was nice to have the windows open with fresh air coming through the house while baking. I also decided to experiment with the amount of almond meal in the batter.
First batch, in lime green I used slightly less, it made the shells more shiny but the ruffles were not as consistent. The second batch in Kelly green I added 30 grams more almond meal and it made a wonderful difference, the shells dried nicely and I had  beautiful ruffles. I am definitely going to use more almond meal from now on. The added almond meal also made the cookies tastier.
shiny shells but too little "pied" or ruffles
 
 
these are much better
all packed and ready to be stored in the fridge till filling time
My rose bush is always a little top heavy after a storm. I always take the opportunity to do some judicious pruning and bring a pitcher of blossoms to enjoy indoors. The rose bush gets a little shapelier and I get to enjoy the roses up close.
 
The Hobbit's foot sage with more flowers open
 

Kitties enjoying the fresh air

No comments:

Post a Comment